Some things you should have when making arrangements are.
1. Vital statistic information which could include: The decedents date of birth, place of birth, social security number, and parents names.
2. If a Veteran:A copy of the decedents DD-214 (discharge)
3. If using a cemetery: Information such as lot and space number.
4. A photograph of the decedent: This can be used for a funeral homes website, the obituary, and can be useful by the funeral director if you are having a viewing
5. Clothing: Whether it be burial or cremation, we can see the decedent is dressed appropriately. Some specifics could include: under-clothing, socks, shirt, tie, trousers, dress, blouse, and undergarments.